in the beginning...
...the lord said let there be light.
over the next four days he made the land, the sea, the sky and other cool stuff.
on the 6th day, he created man in his image.
and on the seventh day, he rested.
but not before pointing his almighty finger at me and proclaiming
"Let there be stupid"
Of all the times I have made an ass of myself, and trust me, there have been a LOT of times, last night was possibly the worst... worst ever.
let me paint a little picture. Its the grad school "summer soiree".. everybody is dressed up, drinking wine, chatting, laughing and enjoying themselves in a sensible fashion.
and then there was me.
I had reached the event by about 9 along with a friend, early, by new york standards... I, being me, started drinking at 9, and by the time most of the school (now.. this is the ENTIRE graduate student population) showed up, it was around 10 or 10.30, by which time I had loosened my collar, and was decidedy "tipsy".
And then the 80s music began. Bad move Mr. DJ.
People who know me KNOW I cannot resist the sounds of the 80s, so my friend (who's equally drunk as me) start swing dancing. and jiving. and 'boogie-ing". and anything else which involves shaking your ass.
And this went on for the next 4 hours. So for FOUR WHOLE BLOODY HOURS we were the only ones dancing, with the whole school watching us.
When I woke up this morning, I felt the desperate need to transfer schools. I still haven't seen a soul all day, and I will hopefully never have to.
over the next four days he made the land, the sea, the sky and other cool stuff.
on the 6th day, he created man in his image.
and on the seventh day, he rested.
but not before pointing his almighty finger at me and proclaiming
"Let there be stupid"
Of all the times I have made an ass of myself, and trust me, there have been a LOT of times, last night was possibly the worst... worst ever.
let me paint a little picture. Its the grad school "summer soiree".. everybody is dressed up, drinking wine, chatting, laughing and enjoying themselves in a sensible fashion.
and then there was me.
I had reached the event by about 9 along with a friend, early, by new york standards... I, being me, started drinking at 9, and by the time most of the school (now.. this is the ENTIRE graduate student population) showed up, it was around 10 or 10.30, by which time I had loosened my collar, and was decidedy "tipsy".
And then the 80s music began. Bad move Mr. DJ.
People who know me KNOW I cannot resist the sounds of the 80s, so my friend (who's equally drunk as me) start swing dancing. and jiving. and 'boogie-ing". and anything else which involves shaking your ass.
And this went on for the next 4 hours. So for FOUR WHOLE BLOODY HOURS we were the only ones dancing, with the whole school watching us.
When I woke up this morning, I felt the desperate need to transfer schools. I still haven't seen a soul all day, and I will hopefully never have to.

8 Comments:
Oh darn! After experiencing how you act when you're drunk - I can't imagine what crazy moves you would have made. Please don't tell me you were screaming as well?! No!
you are a cool dude. I bet 90% of the people watching wished they had that kind of courage.
you had a good time, be happy.
you know, this is me, coming from a funeral. a few days ago I'd have advised you to change your name and hide forever- but you gotta dance before you die!
no repenting! certainly not for having had a good time!
I would have done ANYTHING to watch this!!! HAHAHA(cant stop laughing)
sab: no screaming :-) but there were some songs which we definitely sang along to very loudly!
jon: thanx! As I was walking down the street this morning, three random people, who I don't know from adam gave me big, knowing smiles!
scientist: unfortunately, there is such a thing as "too much fun!"
kritan: you probably would have :-))
Thats ok, happens. Just take it in your stride ;)
haha h.. you're the one who said it. so now spend a 18h day in the lab and make yourself feel better! :-P
Enjoyed a lot! blonde renault master free fax software Currency trading exchange rate forex trading curre viagra impotence financial planning
Post a Comment
<< Home