Wednesday, June 14, 2006

californication

I met a girl from California.
Fascinating demographic.

I could leave it at that, for the above lines are fairly self-explanatory. But jus for fun, lemme entertain you a lil longer. Here's a sample of the conversation we had..

Me : you wanna get some food?
her: yeah.. wot do you kids eat in new york?
me : I dunno.. I guess we could get a bagel..
her: no way dude.. Peace to the Cho's.

Now.. lemme pause for a second to list out a few of the multitude of thoughts that passed through my mind when she said that

1. She's making a racist statement about the chinese.
2. She has no idea what I'm talking about.
3. She has no idea what a bagel is.
4. She's spazzing out, and said the first string of alphabets that came into her mind.

Needless to say, I was wrong on all four accounts. Cho's, in californian vernacular, is an acronym for CHO, or for the unintimated, carbohydrates.
Bagels, being made of bread, contain carbohydrates.
She, being californian, does not eat carbs (she actually eats very little of anything)

And now, I'm hungry. Peace to the Cho's.

2 Comments:

Blogger Hamlet said...

she actually did.
and yeah.. you're gonna LOVE the west ;-)

2:38 PM  
Blogger Nash said...

CHOs or whatever! wot's with the title of the blog ;-)

1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home